I notice I'm blogging about the boys on here less and less frequently. Mostly, that's because they are quickly losing the "cute little boy" stage and turning into Tweens. Tweens are not nearly as fun as little boys, and like to be sassy instead of cute. Not so bloggable.
Lots of changes at 10 years old. The biggest change I've noticed is that the boys are really developing their individuality. This has been a long time coming - just wish it weren't quite such a painful process physically. There's a lot of punching and fighting going on, and that's really new for us. Tussling... yes. We've lived with that for years. But this new "I want to be by myself" and "get away from me" and "I don't want to look like my brother" thing.... polar opposite of the "attached at the hip"-edness that we've seen for the past 10 years.
It's good that they're growing up, and finding out who they are as young men. It's good that they're working hard to establish an individual identity and not just "one of the twins". Just hope that at the end of the day, they still love each other just as much as they always have. Because as much as their Dad and I love them, no one will understand them like their own twin brother.
Thursday, December 4, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment