Saturday, September 5, 2015

Spoiled Kids....

In what is HOPEFULLY the last time this happens for at least the next 9 months (school is starting!!!), I took all three kids with me to Walmart today.  For a solid 2 hours, they asked for all.the.things.  Without letting up.  "Mom can I have gum?"  "Mom, can I have a dollar?"  "Mom, can I buy some candy?"  "Mom, can I have this t-shirt?" 

Finally, in desperation, I cried out to the heavens...
"If one more person asks me to buy something for them, I am going to EXPLODE!!!!"

In response, each of my three innocent children smiled deviously, and asked "can we have a pop?"
("I just want to see you explode, Mom"  Colby said.  Thanks.)

On the way home, during which the kids were asking to have friends invited over, or go to the park, or stop by the video store for a movie, or or or or.... I just couldn't take it any more.

"You guys are driving me crazy.  You must be the most spoiled children in the entire world."

They denied this adamantly.

"We're not spoiled.  We just ask.  You always say no to everything we ask."
"Well, you must be spoiled, if you expect that every day is going to be like Disneyland. We must be spoiling you."

Quinn was introspective.

"No, Mom.  We're just optimists.  I have lots of high hopes."

Whatever.  They're driving me nuts.

No comments: