Monday, July 6, 2009

Getting Away With Things

I catch my boys "in the act" frequently. I try to be diligent. I often find, however, that they've gotten away with alot more than I would've originally thought. The pop-tarts under the pillow thing, for example.... I caught them once, and thought it was an isolated incident. As I was changing their sheets this past weekend, I discovered that it wasn't. There was an ENTIRE BOX worth of wrappers behind Quinn's bed, as well as fruit snack wrappers, and Nutrigrain bar wrappers. And under the guest bed. And in the space between Colby's mattress and the wall. HOLY COW! How long had this been going on? No WONDER they've been going to bed so easily lately!!! The same thing happened at the end of school. I had caught them once putting HotWheel cars in their backpacs to take to school, and patted myself on the back for interceding in time. While we were on vacation in Spokane, their preschool teacher returned an entire diaper-box full of toy cars that had escaped my not-so-watchful eye. WHAT she must think of me, I have no idea. They take constant surveillance, these devious little boys!

No comments: