Saturday, July 11, 2009

Now That We're Five

Quinn and Colby are assuming great things, now that they're five. This is just a sampling of what I've heard today:

Q: "MOM! I need to eat with the big fork like you. I'm 5 now!"

C: (putting his hand on top of his head) "Now that I'm 5, I'm this tall!"

Q: "I'm going to sleep downstairs with you because I'm 5 now."
M: "No. Upstairs."
Q: "BUT I'M FIVE!!!"

C: "Is the bus coming today?"
M: "No. Why?"
C: "I'm 5 now!"

Q: (upon learning that we would be walking in the parade with his preschool teacher) "I don't know her anymore! I'm 5!"

Q: "Mom, I'm going to help you make dinner now. I'm 5."

I'm thinking that being five equates to being "grown up" in the little boys' heads. They are growing up. A little too fast.

1 comment:

Teena said...

You can use this! Next time they do something that they shouldn't just let them know that someone that is FIVE should not be acting like that (((: