Thursday, July 16, 2009

Last Night At Dinner

Quinn had gotten in trouble yesterday, as he tried to crawl up the stroller in the garage to get a juice box from a high shelf, and the entire shelf came tumbling down. After the punishment and tears, we had a discussion about how he needed to ASK for food, and not just help himself. He wanted to know WHY.

M: "Because the food is mommy's and daddy's. We bought it with our money. Do YOU have money to buy food?"
Q: "No. But I'm five now! I'm big! I can get my own food."
M: "No. You're bigger than you were at four, but you still have to ask for food."
Q: "When I grow up, I'm going to go to the bar store and get my own."
M: "Bar store?"
Q: "Yes. The bar."
M: "UHHHH... where'd you get that?"
Q: "From you!" I'm pretty sure I haven't been hanging out in bars lately.
M: "What are you talking about?"
Q: "When you're hungry, you go to the bar."
M: "Still don't know what you're talking about!"
Q: "You go to the cupboard and get a breakfast bar, and YOU don't ask anyone for it!"
M: "OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH. My BREAKFAST bars!"
Q: "Yes. When I'm grown up, I'm going to get my own."
M: "OK"
C: "And when I'm grown up, I'm going to get my own juice!"
M: "Fine".

No comments: