Saturday, January 30, 2010

Gas

Colby was running at top speed from the front of the house to the back. As he passed by in a blur, he said the following...
Colby: "Mom, I feel the gas!"
Mom: "uhhhhhh......"
Colby: "You know! The gas on my face!"
Mom: "Oh! You mean the air rushing by, since you're going so fast?"
Colby: "Yes. Air is a gas."
I was afraid he was being "jet propelled" by a different kind of gas, so this explanation was a relief to me.

Then Quinn chimed in.
Quinn: "Oil is used in cars. And robots. And squeaky doors. And in some kinds of gas."
Mom: "Yes."
Quinn: "And we eat some kinds of oil. It's in pizza"
Mom: "We don't eat car oil."
Quinn: "Yeah, I know."

Apparently, there was a science lesson at school that had something to do with the states of matter, and oil. These things pop up at the most random times. But they're listening!! Encouraging.

No comments: