Colby's little guardian angel is working OVERTIME lately. I was getting the boys ready for school this morning, and ran out of the room for a SECOND to go get an envelope for their book order. Upon my return, I smelled smoke. Quinn told me that Colby had made fire! WHAT??????? And then I saw it.... the box of matches from the candle I had lit last night, sitting on the table, with four spent matches next to it, wafting smoke. AAAAHHHH! My gut reaction was FEAR that he could've burnt down the house and everyone in it. Instead of screaming, I used my new-found "good mommy techniques" I've been studying up on for our Mothers Of Preschoolers meeting tomorrow. I told him, with a VERY earnest voice, how that was VERY VERY VERY VERY dangerous, and he could've hurt himself and everyone else, and to NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER play with matches again. And to myself, I was thinking "NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER leave the matchbox out again!" I think he understood. He gave me a hug and seemed to feel pretty bad about the whole thing, and Quinn kept saying "It wasn't me! It was Colby! I didn't play with fire!" I think my fear registered all the way around. Rob came into the room, and I told him what had happened. He was impressed that Colby had figured out how to light a match off a box, admiring his problem-solving skills and fine-motor control. "He must've watched me light the sauna last night!"
See THIS is the difference between Moms and Dads!!!
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment