Friday, October 10, 2008

A long drop

Well, it happened, less than a week after bunk beds. 4:30 am this morning. I was in my bedroom, far far away from little boys' room. I heard a THUNK, and knew instantly what had happened. Running as fast as my pregnant body would let me in pitch darkness, I made it upstairs. There was Quinn, whimpering at having been awokened, but still on top of his bed. Where was Colby? I had put him to bed in his lower bunk, but he wasn't there. I checked the floor as best I could in the dark. No Colby. Then, I heard soft crying on top of the boys' stool. He had fallen off the top bunk, and landed on his belly, still asleep, on a 18" square padded stool which had been haphazardly placed in the EXACT place it needed to be to break his fall. Who says there's not Guardian Angels???

No comments: