I was running late for a meeting at church, so I was RUSHED. I was nagging the little boys to move quickly, hurry up, get their shoes on, cram down dinner. Got them in the car, began driving a little too fast down the road. Colby began yelling "MOM! Stop stop stop!" when I was approaching the stop sign. I SAW the stop sign. I was going to stop, just not until I GOT there. Then Quinn says from the back seat...
"MOM! RELAX! Take...A.... Breath!" I burst out laughing. WHERE did he hear that? To my knowledge, I hadn't ever said such a thing to him before. I asked him how he had learned that technique.
"At school." he replied calmly. And it worked! I was laughing so hard, I slowed down, and better yet... calmed down. Now I'm just wondering what Quinn was doing that made his teacher tell him to "RELAX and Take...A.... Breath!".
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment