So, I KNOW they were tired on Tuesday night, as we got home late from our church meeting. And I KNOW that they got up way way too early for the next school day. It's just funny to me how that translates into irrational thoughts.
When coming home on Tuesday night, Quinn started crying for a HALF HOUR because he wanted to live in a GRAY house and he was stuck with a BLUE house. I told him our house was gray, but he was NOT buying it. He brought it up again yesterday morning. Very disappointed that we lived in the house we did, because he thought, apparently, (because we had to detour due to a car wreck on the way home on Tuesday night) that we were going to a new house and that THIS TIME it would be gray instead of blue. Sorry. We're not moving every time we have to go home a different way.
Yesterday, then, since they went to bed at 10 pm and woke up at 6 am, I knew the boys would be tired, and picked them up from school rather than having them ride the bus. Colby was already almost comatose by 1 pm. I told the boys we were going to stop by Grandma and Grandpa's house to give them something, and then go home and nap. Quinn INSISTED on stopping by Aunt Diane and Uncle Tom's house first. In MINNESOTA. I told him it was far far away. He said he was in the mood for a long trip. I told him they weren't expecting us, and we didn't know if they were at home. He said "I know! We'll look in a telescope to see far away and find out if they're home!" Good plan, but I did not have a telescope. When we arrived at Grandma and Grandpa's, he cried and refused to get out of the car to say hi for the first 15 minutes or so, because his mean mom refused to take him to Minnesota to visit Aunt Diane and Uncle Tom. Luckily, Grandpa's offer of icecream coaxed him out of the car.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment