Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Chore Chart, here we come!
When the boys got off the school bus yesterday, I put their (brand new, first time worn) gloves, hats and nametags in their backpacks, hung up their coats, and put their shoes under the bench. By the time I got home from observation at the hospital, one hat, one glove, one coat, and one entire pair of shoes was MISSING. And both boys were coatless and barefoot playing outdoors in 40 degree weather. UGH!!! This morning getting ready for school was a complete scramble, with Quinn wearing last-year's too small coat, and Colby wearing last-year's too-small shoes, adult-sized gloves, and a bright orange hat that matches NOTHING. All this after the tantrum this morning about not being able to find ONE PARTICULAR toy, that Quinn just HAS to play with, despite the mounds of other toys he owns. I think it's time to start a chore chart, and give some responsibility to little boys for keeping track of their own things! Mom is already overwhelmed with daily things while 8 1/2 months pregnant -- and four years old is old ENOUGH, I think....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
After housecleaning, I found one glove, one hat, and one coat. The shoes are STILL missing... 3 days later
Post a Comment