
Colby got gum stuck in his hair today. In the same exact spot Quinn did less than a month ago. I cut it out, a little too short, and he had a big bald spot in the middle of his forehead. Not good. So I decided to give him a hair cut to "even it out". To even out bald, though, you have to shave pretty close, so I got out my clippers, which are decidedly dull. After 10 minutes, the kid looked HORRIBLE. Bald patches here and there, with long strings elsewhere. AWFUL. Like someone had torn his hair out by the roots. Rob, ever so helpful after the fact, said "why didn't you use peanut butter to get it out, like everyone else does?" OOOHHH. Duh. I called my local hairdresser at home with our hair emergency. She was INCREDIBLY gracious and agreed to fix my son's hair on a Sunday afternoon, at her home. PHEW! Colby now has a very very very close-shaved crew cut, but at least it's all basically one length.
Quinn just came up to me, crying. When I asked what was wrong, he said "But I want to be bald, too!!!"
I'll be making another hair appointment soon, I guess.
1 comment:
He doesn't even look close to bald. He looks like an Air Force Child...just like his cousins!
Post a Comment