Saturday, November 14, 2009

For the Record

First marking period in kindergarten, and parent teacher conferences this past week. I was a little nervous. The report came back pretty much as expected, though. Fine motor skills not so great, all academics on track. And CANNOT. SIT. STILL. (What, MY boys??????) The teacher, Rob and I brainstormed some ideas to help with the fine motor stuff, and we now have a new, readily accessible craft cart in the kitchen filled with anything their little hearts could possibly desire in order to cut, glue, color, or draw. Rob kept asking the teacher "But you said they're SMART, right? You meant that? You're not just being nice? They're actually SMART?" ;). He SOOOO wants them to be engineers like him! Heck, they're already taking after his handwriting. I'm sure they'll make wonderful engineers. Oh, the other problem the teacher brought up, which of course we have known about since they were babies, is that their dang pants will NOT stay up. Despite adjustable waist bands. Despite belts. Despite everything. The kids don't have BUTTS. I went out and bought them sweats with drawstrings. Those seem to work better than denim at least. Who knew that the fact they don't have rumps would come up on their report cards??????

No comments: