The boys have been having a hey-day with all the Christmas ads coming in the newspaper. They've been circling EVERY toy. Colby just asked me if he could just send the newspapers with the circled ads directly to Santa rather than having to write a letter. LAZINESS. Anyways, I was a little concerned that they were getting swept up in the hub-bub and missing the TRUE meaning of Christmas. So I asked them about it.
Mom: "Boys, do you remember what Christmas is all about?"
Q&C: "Santa! Presents!"
Mom: "No. What does Christmas celebrate?"
Q&C: "I don't remember". Uh oh. How soon they forget.
Mom: "Is it somebody's birthday?"
Q&C: "Oh! Jesus!" Yes.
Mom: "Jesus wants us to give to OTHERS in celebration of His birthday. It's not about the presents we get."
Colby: "But MOM! Jesus doesn't play with TOYS! He doesn't want these, I do!"
Great. Walmart has more influence over my kids than I do.
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment