Last night was "Science Night" at the boys' school, wherein college students came to teach about various scientific principles. Colby didn't make it, as I didn't think it would look good to miss school but make it to the fun night =). So Quinn and I learned about Gravity and Color. Amazing to me how this little boy, from two introverted parents who wouldn't say "boo" as children, came to be such a confident, center-of-attention type kid. During the gravity talk, Quinn frequently raised his hand to answer questions, and bragged that he could balance a popscicle stick on his nose. While learning about rainbows during the color portion, Quinn importantly raised his hand when asked if anyone knew anything special about rainbows. This was his answer:
Q: "Yes. A rainbow was over our house once. At the end of it was a pot of gold."
When the other kids laughed and said that that only happened on "Leperchaun Day", Quinn got visibly indignant.
Q: "It isn't Leperchaun Day. It's St. Patrick's Day. And the pot of gold is ALWAYS there."
I wish.
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment