Thursday, November 19, 2009

Literacy

My boys can READ! It is so exciting. It's just the coolest thing ever. Both boys spent dinner reading to Rob and I from different books. Simple books, but there was actual READING, and sounding out, and all that good stuff. I can't tell you how cool I think that is. Another milestone tonight, when I read the boys Pippi Longstocking at bedtime. There were no PICTURES. They were confused by that at first, but I explained how the pictures to this book were in their heads, and they could make them look like whatever they wanted. They thought Pippi was hilarious, and were laughing at the thought of a little girl carrying a horse. So obviously, they were imagining it all vividly. Just a long-standing dream of mine to be able to read chapter books to my kids at night, and instill a love of reading. And now I get that experience. I'm so blessed. I love being a mom.

1 comment:

the Sommervilles. said...

Like! Like! Like! Isn't it exciting!?!