Thursday, November 5, 2009

In God's Image

Sometimes the boys can be so PROFOUND, it shocks me. Because it comes from the mouths of the same children whose favorite words are "poop" and "butt", and cannot seem to keep gum from out of their hair. Anyways. Last night's dinner conversation, instigated by a rain storm outside.

Colby: "Mom, when it rains, does it mean that God's angry?"
Mom: "No! It means God loves his world! He sends rain because the plants are thirsty! He's giving them a drink!"
Colby: "How does God make rain?"
Mom: "I have no idea."
Colby: "He can do ANYTHING."
Mom: "Yup, He can."
Colby: "I can do anything, too, like God."
Mom: "Well, we have rules to follow. And God has power."
Colby: "No! When I play with my toys!"
Mom: "What do you mean?"
Colby: "When I play with my toys, I can make ANYTHING happen, just like God can!"
AHHHHHHH. Imagination. I was starting to get it. Yes.
Rob was staring at Colby during this conversation like he was listening to the Wise Man on the Mountaintop. Obviously dumbfounded. Both of us were. Colby noticed that we were both staring incredulously at him, so he leaned over and gave me a hug.

Colby: (Taking the words right out of my mouth) "Oh, Mom, WHAT are you going to do with me?"
Rob: "I'll tell you what she's going to do. She's going to write down what you said on the computer!"
Rob's getting good at recognizing "bloggable" moments in our life ;)

No comments: