Rob makes me laugh just as much as his sons do. Lastnight we were lyiing in bed watching a show about the military. This was the conversation.
Rob: "I think I would've been good in the military".
Me: "I think not so much. You don't like to be told what to do, and you like being by yourself."
Rob: "I can be told what to do, if I believe in the cause!"
Me: "In the military, you have to do what you're told, whether you believe in the cause or not. Or whether you think an order makes sense or not."
Rob: "And you don't have to be a 'team player' to be in the military. Look at Rambo!"
Me: "Well, Rambo was EX-military. And....uhhhhh...... fictious."
Rob (letting that sink in for a moment): "Well, I'd have been a good fighter pilot."
Me: "Yes. Yes you would."
Everyone secretly wants to be Tom Cruise in Top Gun, I think.
Friday, June 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment