Thursday, June 30, 2011

Another Big Boy Story

I realize that my hubby is no "offspring", but there are times when I just have to toss him in with the whole "funny things the boys in my life say and do" category.  Yesterday, for example.  He came home from work, and I immediately noticed that his pants were FULL of holes.  Not just on the knees.  The entire front.  Riddled with holes - maybe 30 of them.  His underwear could plainly be seen. 

Me: "WHAT happened to your pants????"

Rob: "Yeah.  Tell me about that.  I had a meeting with my BOSS today, and I'm looking like this."

Me: "What HAPPENED?!?!"

Rob: "Your daughter must've taken a pair of scissors to them, and I didn't notice until I got to work.  I told my boss that I wasn't REALLY trying to be a rock star".

Me: "Really?  You think it was Reagan?  Because I think I would have noticed if she had scissors around the laundry.  And that's alot of holes!"  Inside I was thinking 'you got dressed before you had your coffee, obviously.  How could you not notice that?'

I must admit that I chuckled to myself all night about the pants.  How I WISH I had a camera on me.  Later that night, I brought it up again. 

Me: "You know, it almost looks like a chemical spill.  Were you around chemicals at all during work today?"

Rob: "OOOOOOOOOOOOH.  You know what?  I was wearing these pants yesterday when I was carrying around a tractor battery."

THAT makes more sense.  And the true culprit is.....battery acid.  Splashed unknowingly all over him, eating holes in his pants.  Thank goodness it was just the pants and not HIS SKIN!  Sheesh!!  That could've been ugly!

No comments: