Quinn: "Mom, I know ALL of the swear words now, but I'm not going to say them."
Great.
Colby: "But 'swear' isn't a bad word. It means promise, and promise is a good word."
Mom: "Yup".
Quinn: "Mom, these are all the good words. Nice, kind, true, promise."
Mom: "And honor, integrity, and courage."
Colby: "What do THOSE mean?"
Mom: "It means that you do what it is right, what is good, and are brave about doing it."
Quinn: "Oh. Like God. He's very brave."
Mom: "Yup."
So, a conversation that started out making my stomach churn turned out okay in the end. And for the record, I know that they really don't know all the swear words, even if they think they do. I've heard them. The "F" word is "fart", and the "S" word is "stupid". That's fine by mean. I'll take that for now.
Thursday, June 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment