Saturday, June 11, 2011
Birthday Prep
The boys' birthday is coming up. Well, in a month. Which means it's high time to start the preparations, you know. Quinn and Colby spent hours (and I mean HOURS) looking at cakecentral.com's gallery trying to pick out cakes and a theme. After Colby picked Transformers and Quinn picked out a lizard, I applied a little pressure to see if we could get a theme that blended a little bit better. Quinn switched to dolphins, which wasn't much better. Colby suggested putting Transformers swimming in the water of a dolphin cake. UHHHHHHHHHHHH, I appreciated the effort, but didn't think so. It would be REALLY nice if I could make one cake rather than two, so we aren't eating cake for three years after the big day. No matter how much I tried to convince them, though, they were adamant about wanting their own cakes. OKAY. Fine. Two cakes, but one THEME. Quinn was pretty stuck on dolphins, so Colby caved and went pirates. THAT I can do. So, the plan at this point is to take a sheet cake and cut it in half. Quinn's half will be decorated as water, with jumping dolphins, and Colby's will be the island with a treasure chest. The boys want a pirate ship on Quinn's cake with a gangplank that bridges over to Colby's cake. Hmmmm. That may be tough, but we'll see what I can do. Good thing we're starting early with all of this!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment